Achieve Big Dreams
In his classic book, Think and Grow Rich, Napoleon Hill spells out the specific formula for achieving great things in your career as well as in life. He writes:
- Be definite about what you desire.
- Determine exactly what you intend to give in exchange for what you desire. What is it you are willing to do? What actions are you prepared to take?
- Determine a definite date you intend to achieve your desire.
- Create a definitive plan for achieving your desires and begin immediately, whether you are ready or not.
- Write out a clear and concise statement that states what you want, what you are prepared to do to earn it, when you plan on achieving it and your specific plan for making it happen.
- Read your written statement aloud twice a day. Read it when you wake and again just before you go to bed.
- As you read, see, hear and feel your achievement in your mind. Pretend you’ve already achieved it.
Napoleon Hill learned these steps from Andrew Carnegie, the great steel magnate at the turn of the 20th century. Over the decades since, others have utilized Hill’s teaching to acquire great sums of money, positions of prestige and power, and achieve great successes. This is a plan that works if you allow it to.
There are a couple caveats, however.
You must have a burning desire to truly make your dreams a reality. Without a burning desire, you will abandon all hope when difficulties arise. When challenged and you are only borderline in your commitment to your goal, you will abandon your pursuit faster than you created it.
Lastly, you must have abiding faith. Faith is the ability to believe without seeing. It requires only that you believe you have achieved something before you actually do. It requires that you see your end in your mind before it actually happens and it is through your faith all things become possible.
If you aspire for greatness, follow in the tradition of Andrew Carnegie, Thomas Edison, Napoleon Hill and thousands of others who have applied this process. If you do, there is not a thing you won’t be able to do.