I read a great article in Realty Times that shares how integrating smart home technology will help you sell your home faster. Here are some key take-aways from the article and then I provide a link to the article at the bottom of this post.
- “This smart home selling potential has increased 33 percent in the past year,” according to Cornerstone Home Lending.
- Install home security. In spite of the neighborhood, every young family and single parent is interested in providing a secure home for their family. Providing a home security system for your buyer is a much stronger selling point. In addition to the triggers set at each entry point, include internal and external cameras as well as motion sensors in key rooms in the home.
- Smart appliances. The smart refrigerator is incredible. From seeing what’s in the frig without opening the door to creating a digital shopping list, the smart refrigerator is a great bonus for today’s buyer and increases the value of your selling package.
- Smart lighting. People love saving money as well as convenience. Smart lighting that comes on when someone enters the room and turns off after a period of “inactivity,” can provide a two-fold benefit for today’s buyer.
- Smart thermostat. Similarly to the smart lighting feature, the smart thermostat is a huge benefit for today’s homeowner. Not only can you customize the settings on the thermostat, you can also control it remotely using your smart phone, whether you’re home, away or heading home.
We all have smart phones and they have become the lifeblood of our daily lives. So, too, is today’s smart home. If you want a stronger chance of achieving list price or higher on the offers you receive as well a shorter time on market, then consider making a modest, but invaluable, investment in adding smart technology to your home.
To read the full article, click here.